Skip to main content

Let's talk about work clothes and shoes


As the season finally changes from summer to winter, because the weather is finally cooling down, I've been doing a lot of thinking about work clothes. All sorts of aspect and would really love some feedback regarding this.

How does your summer wardrobe differ from your winter wardrobe when it comes to work?

For me, I'm very casual in the summer. I wear sun dresses and capri's/tops pretty much for as long as it's warm enough. In the winter, I'm more on the dressed up side, I wear a lot of suits or dress slacks and blouses. I'm not sure why I differ so much between seasons. I think in the summer I am just more relaxed.

Do you find that your wardrobe varies much by season or do you wear the same thing to work all year? I think this is most applicable to women, as most men wear the same thing all year. Case in point, my husband. He dresses up in his suits and ties year round.

I have many friends who are professionals and their styles vary greatly. Some are super casual (jeans, t-shirts) all the time, some are super professional (suits) all the time. What do you think the difference is? Is it their job or personality? Does working with someone who is super dressed up make you trust them more? Or is it the opposite? Or does it even matter to you?

I've been trying different styles this year. I joined an online clothing exchange called LeTote. They send me new outfits every month. I can just wear them as much as I want and send them back or I can purchase them. It's great because I actually get to pick what is sent to me, versus some of these kind of services that send you what they pick out for you and you really have no say in what that is. I think an advantage to this is that you can wear some great clothes and instead of them hanging in your closet all year, you get to return them.

If you've read my blog, you probably know that I worry about wearing the same outfit on the same day on different weeks. Meaning, I don't want to wear something to my Wednesday meetings that I wore to my Wednesday meetings anytime in the past month. I know I would probably be the only one to notice, but it's an OCD trait of mine. When you use LeTote, you don't have to worry so much because you can send them back. Of course, I have bought some of the clothes... so I still have that issue.

For the record, I am not being paid to post about LeTote, I'm just telling you what works for me, and while I'm talking about them, I will mention that their customer service is excellent!

OK, enough about that. Onto shoes! Here's one of my most difficult subjects.

Number 1. I love shoes!

Number 2. I don't love all shoes. I really only love comfortable shoes.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I want to love high heels. I actually am OK with high heeled boots, but I want to love high heel pumps. They look so great with outfits and yet, ughh. I can't stand for my feet to hurt. I'm tempted to spend big buck to get a "comfortable" pair, (Doesn't that seem like an oxymoron? Comfortable high heels?) however I'm not sure I trust that they'll be comfortable and how will I know until I wear them all day. I would love to hear from some people who have found comfortable high heels. And I don't mean ugly ones, made for old ladies, I mean beautiful heels.

Like these....



Ok, they don't have to be that high, but I don't want them low, and I don't care for the thick heels (except on boots.)

So my dilemma, dressing for work in the fall/winter and the main thing I wear is boots. All kinds of boots, tall, short, high heeled, flat.... but I would love to find some great "Shoes" for work that look great with work clothes AND are comfortable! What kind of shoes do you wear with work clothes in the fall/winter?

My favorite shoes of the moment are Tieks. I absolutely love them. I just haven't figured out how to make them work with my fall/winter work wardrobe.

So what are your thoughts?



These are Tieks.... The hardest decision you'll have is what color to buy! Also not being paid to advertise them, I just adore them. I told you above I love comfortable shoes and until these I really hadn't found great flats that were comfortable to me. These are amazing!


MW
Copyright 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful