Skip to main content

Gratitude

Friday, January 15th, 2016

I believe that gratitude is an important part of life. Do you take time to think about what you're grateful for? Do you have a gratitude journal? Does it help you feel more grateful? I feel grateful most of the time, but have not started a gratitude journal as of yet. It's on my list to do this year and hopefully I'll get it started this month.

However, I woke up this morning feeling filled with gratitude for everything in my life and felt the need to share.

I am thankful for my health, my husband's health, our families health, our friend's health.

I am thankful for the close relationship that my husband and I share. The friendship, the love, the commitment we have to each other, the life we have together.

I am thankful for the close relationships I have with my kids. I share a bond with them that grows stronger every year. We've survived a lot together, and ended up on top.

I am thankful for my family. My parents, my siblings, my nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, cousins, and my husband's family. We are blessed to have so many people out there that we are proud to call family.

I am thankful for my old friends with whom I share many memories and who have always been there for me and always will be. I'm thankful for my new friends who have become such an important part of my everyday life.

I am thankful to start this new year in a job with people that make me happy to go to work every day, that appreciate me and what I do for our company. I'm thankful that I was sent out to network two years ago and that through that, I've grown and changed so much as a person. I've met so many new people, made many new friends, have become a person who can stand in front of a room of people, speak to them without fear, and be myself. I've gained wisdom, confidence, and joie de vivre: the carefree enjoyment of life.  

Please feel free to reply and tell me what your grateful for. Do you have a gratitude journal? Does it help you feel more grateful? Or remember to look for the good in everything? MW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful