Skip to main content

Oganization with Apps

Sunday, March 13, 2016

This week I focused on organization in my business and personal life. At home, we're all using the Cozi App to sync our calendars, so that we all know what the other is doing. I am really liking this app and love that I can access it online as well as my phone.

On my clothing calendar, I was getting behind in writing down my outfits. I would think "Oh, I'll remember what I wore tomorrow" - but then it was 2 or 3 days later and I didn't remember. I started thinking that it would be easier to take a picture of myself each day, but I didn't want to have a phone full of selfies. I gave this a lot of thought and decided to search for a calendar app that would allow me to put a picture on it each day and guess what? I found one! The app is called Journey and it connects to your Google account. I guess you could use this journal in any way that you want, but for me it's my fashion journal. I take a picture of myself and attach it to the date. I'll type in what events I have that day, when I have time. I can always go back and look at my regular calendar to add that later. The most important part is putting the pictures on there. And who doesn't have their phone on them all day, every day and have a moment to take a quick picture of them self?

I will mention that all of these apps do take a lot of memory and because of that, my husband bought me a new phone last month with 128 GB memory because I use my phone a lot for work and use all of these apps to keep me organized. If you have less memory, you definitely have to pick and choose what apps are the most important to you.

 For business cards, I'm back to using the CamCard app. I have a love/hate relationship with it because it doesn't scan all cards correctly, but at least it's a way to have them all in one place. I need to spend more time organizing it. I've found that I can log into the application online - camcard.com and organize it easier than on my phone. I was organizing people by what networking group I know them from. The problem with that is that some people I know from more than one group or can't remember what group I met them at, so then I end up having to search through several groups to find them. I've decided that I am going to regroup everyone by industry. For example, all realtors will be together, all property managers together, all restaurants together, etc... Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Any thoughts to get the most out of this app or a better app for business cards?

This past week, I added things to my calendar that I wasn't getting done, simply because they weren't on my calendar and I made sure they got done. I didn't set an actual timer, but I did watch the clock to make sure I spent xx minutes on the task without interruption. I will do better with setting a timer eventually, I promise.

Why oh why is it so hard to get organized? Especially when it's the one thing I want more than anything. I guess it's because I try to juggle so many things at once. This coming week will be another busy one for me with LPW taking up a whole day on Thursday. It's pretty cool that I get to just stop everything for an entire day and be with my class. However, it makes the other 4 days challenging to say the least.

Lucky for me I love my job, I love my networking, I love the people I spend my days with at work and at home. It makes every day a great day, regardless of the challenges I face.

Wishing you all an organized week. I'd love to hear your tips, hints, and suggestions on organization! It all helps!

MW

Copyright 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful