Skip to main content

Back from Paris

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Hello all. I'm back from Paris and we had a wonderful and safe journey!

My daughter, me, and my son at Sacre Coeur

Because my daughter is so fascinated with history, we had pre-planned and read tons of information on the history of each site we were planning to visit. It was a truly educational experience as each place that we went, we knew beforehand so much of the history and background. It was more awing somehow to really look at a monument or even just a spot in a park and know what had transpired there, right at that very place you were standing.

Concorde, trying to decide where the guillotine was based on drawings.

If you haven't been to Paris, it is a must see place. So beautiful that you can't even begin to get the full grasp of it's beauty through pictures. Because of it's beautiful architecture even the apartment buildings look as if they're a work of art.



If you don't have a fear of heights, Paris is a great place to visit. It seems that almost everywhere we went, there was someplace high up you would climb to, that would give you an amazing view of the rest of the city. We were up high so often at one point I told my daughter that I thought the heights were starting to get to me, making me feel off balance. And I love heights!  However that could have just been a long tiring day, because I didn't feel that way after that.
On top of Pantheon

We met so many friendly people there. French, Americans, and other Europeans who were in the country for the Euro-cup. Despite the terrorist attack, the threat of more attacks, and the high security, everyone seemed to be very happy to be there and not once did we have any issues or problems. We were even out on the metro past 1 am several nights and it was no big deal.

We were in Paris when the Orlando shooting happened. Because of this, we were able to see Paris turn out to show their support. There were thousands of people gathered at various areas around the Eiffel Tower with signs, candles, singing, crying, laughing, enjoying life - waiting, while the Tower's soccer ball that normally is lit up with which ever country has won the latest soccer game, was instead plain white with the United States Flag on it until finally, at 11 pm, the entire monument became a rainbow. It was a beautiful sight to behold.


I will say that 10 days was plenty to have a detailed tour of Paris. At the end, we were more than ready to come home. That could be because I was missing my husband and she was missing her boyfriend by this point. But, it's always good to come home and sleep in your own bed, get back to your friends, family, work, and your routine.

We've been home for two nights and both nights I was asleep by 9 pm. My body's clock still isn't back to normal. But it's not too bad because I'm up early and am fine all day.

Until next time.

MW
Copyright 2016


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful