Skip to main content

My passions and interests




I love twitter, I really do. However, sometimes 140 characters are not enough. Especially for your "about me" section. I keep mine about insurance, because that's what I do and I am very passionate about it. However, there are a lot of things I'm passionate about and they don't all fit on my page.

For that reason I thought I'd post a blog that tells you more about me, my passions and interests.

Here are thing things I am passionate about.... Love to read about, love to post about, love to learn about....

Fashion for women over 40. Love it. Love looking at clothes, trying on clothes, reading about fashion, looking at outfits other women are wearing. I receive so many fashion emails a day and I look at every single one.

Hair. I absolutely love reading articles and tips about hair. I don't know why because I don't do much with mine and I have no desire to do hair, but something about it fascinates me. My hairdressers is constantly telling me that I missed my calling. No thanks. Not interested, but love reading about the subject when an article catches my eye.

Do It Yourself (DIY). I love it. I love reading DIY blogs especially. They inspire me to see everything in a space differently. I've become much more creative because of DIY blogs. My favorite and easiest DIY is painting, whether it's walls or furniture. I love how a coat of paint changes everything. However those blogs, along with the help of Pinterest, inspired my kitchen that we remodeled ourselves (with the help of my brother) 4 1/2 years ago and we are currently getting ready to remodel 2 of our bathrooms.

While I'm mentioning Pinterest, I will say that I love Pinterest. I could do Pinterest for a living, but alas no one pays me for it, so I limit myself. However, Pinterest is definitely my google at times. I know I can find almost anything I'm looking for on there.

Along with the DIY and Pinterest, I love home decor. I love reading, looking at, and decorating my home. I love home stores, I love thrift stores that sell furniture, I even love yard sales when it comes to furniture and decor.

Organization. Hugely passionate about this. I love home organization, office organization, life organization. I love to read it, teach it, live it. And with all of that passion, I have a long way to go to get myself organized the way I'd like to be.

Minimalism. This is a subject I really enjoy reading about and would like to practice more than I do. I don't know how we end up with so many "things" in our life. And I want to find the inner strength to let some of those "things" go.

Health and Exercise. I've been a gym-goer for over 15 years now. Of course I've had my moments (ok months sometimes) of not being motivated. But for the better part of 15 years, I've gone. This is largely in part to the fact that I don't do diets. I've always been an eat what I want kind of girl and luckily I don't have a big appetite. However, with that being said, I am health conscious about what I eat to a point. I love reading about other people's health and fitness journey's. I love trying new things out and I'm always trying to figure out new ways to keep myself motivated.

Reading. I love reading. Unfortunately there are not always enough hours in the day to read, but I fit it in where I can, mainly while I'm drying my hair in the morning. I love finding out what other people are reading or have read and I love book lists.

Travel. I love reading about travel destinations. Where people are going, what they're doing there. I love looking at travel pics and dreaming about the places I still want to go. I also love looking back at my own travel pics because sometimes you go on a trip, you have fun, you take pics, you come home and life has a way of putting it all in the back of your mind. It's nice to look back and remember.

Humor. I love reading things that make me laugh. I probably laugh the most at the auto-correct text messages. I sometimes laugh so hard, I start crying. Anytime my day seems to be totally crazy or stressful, I try to take a moment and read something that makes me laugh. They're not hard to find with the internet always at our fingertips.

Quotes. I love reading, saving, posting quotes. Business quotes, life quotes, travel quotes. Quotes of all kinds.

Things I'm not interested in. Politics. Celebrities.

 
So what are your passions? I'd love to hear about them!


MW
Copyright2016


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful