Skip to main content

2017 Goals

December 29th, 2016


I've done a lot of soul searching on my 2017 goals. And while I don't post specific sales goals on my blog, I've worked on those as well and with the addition of my new assistant, I've been able to increase those goals.

1. I've given up on finding a calendar system that works how I want it to in my mind and have just decided to work with what I have. It takes a lot of stress and the burden of searching off of my shoulders. If a great system finds me, wonderful. If not, I can manage just fine.

2. I will continue to read books that nourish my mind (and also the fiction ones I love). I've also been listening to audio books while in my car and that's amazingly helpful.

Here are some of the books on my list for this year.

- The four hour work week by Timothy Ferriss
- 31 Days to a Clutter Free Life by Ruth Soukup
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Today Matters by John C. Maxwell (The only one I didn't get read on my 2016 list)

3. Take effective breaks during the day. If you've been following my blog or know me, you know this is still a struggle, so it's staying on my list, however I've bought the timer and have used it two days so far. Today however it was a no-go. After several days off work I had much to catch up on. I did get up and take a walk twice though!

4. Evening Gratitude; buy a journal or notebook and get into the habit of writing down 3 things that you are grateful for on this day. Once you start this, you will get into the habit of looking for things throughout your day. They can be small things too, like I got all of the laundry done today. Sometimes that's a huge accomplishment. I'm finally going to (try to) make this a regular habit and trying to get my hubby to do it with me. We bought a new journal for each of us.

5. Block scheduling. I've tried unsuccessfully to do this, however a friend has told me several times that if I read book #1 above, I'll be able to figure this out. For that reason, I'm keeping it on my list of goals.

6. CamCard. Get ALL of my business cards uploaded to CamCard.

7. Get better at posting on this blog even when I'm super busy. A good way to do that is to have some posts written and then I can post them when needed. I do promise not to be one of those people who post things just to fill space, you know those automatic posts or posts that don't have any purpose or thought behind them? Yep, those.

8. Let go of negative thoughts, judgments, and feelings towards others. Passing judgment will only hold me back. Remind myself of the Polish Proverb: Not my circus, not my monkeys. Take a deep breath and let it go.

9. Quit multi-tasking. One of my major focuses this year will be to learn how to stop multi-tasking.

10. Spend more time on my vision book, even if it's one morning or afternoon, every other month. When I look at my book from last year, I'm amazed at how many of my original personal goals were accomplished from my vision board and book. The law of attraction works in mysterious ways!

There is my start.

For my sales goals, I took my average sale total per customer for 2016 and divided it into my sales goal for the year to find out how many sales I needed to make for the year. Then divide that by 12, and by 4 to find my monthly and weekly sales goals.

Beyond that, I have goals for my networking groups and increasing my number of regular referral partners and I have been working on these goals for the past several months so as 2017 begins, I will be starting exactly as planned.

On a personal level, I have goals for projects I want to get done and plans with my husband, family, and friends and of course my own exercise and health goals. Whew! That's a lot of goals for the next year! Wish me luck.

I'd love to hear if you have a plan for the year and how you came up with it. How will you keep track? What can you share that would help other's manage their goals?

Until next time, remember



MW
Copyright2016



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful