Skip to main content

2016 My year in review

Well, 2016 is officially over. Overall I would say it was a fantastic year! There are things I would change, but for the most part it was wonderful.

Looking back through my blog, my twitter account and my Instagram I was reminded of so many great memories from the year. Here's my list of top moments (both good and bad)

1.  Going to Paris with my daughter (and son for part of it). <3
2.  Going to the Bahama's with my husband for our 7th anniversary. <3
3.  Getting my teeth fixed.
4.  My cousin passing away at 43.
5.  Being a member of Leadership Prince William Class of 2016!
6.  So many fun bunco nights with girlfriends.
7.  Spring Vision Retreat with Andria Corso!
8.  Quality time with family.
9.  Fantastic networking events where I made new friends and strengthened my existing relationships.
10. A whole year of LOVING my job. The people I work with, the job I do, just everything about it!
11. Another successful trip to White Lake, NC with the whole family! <3
12. So many great days, nights, weekends & motorcycle rides with my hubby and our friends throughout the entire year.
13. Fantastic Girls Weekend with my two bestest,est, est, est friends, Pam & Gigi.
14. We started 2016 with two of our best friends, Chip & Gigi, & went on two vacations with them.
15. I was extremely successful in my goals this year. I blew up my business goals, got an assistant, and worked hard at organization and self development. I also finished my continuing education classes and as always loved learning and refreshing my knowledge. Insurance is a very complicated and detailed field.
16. I forgot one! I turned 48, which is fantastic, however my body/metabolism changed entirely. Nothing I did before works anymore and my energy level dropped for a couple of months - so I'm on a quest to find what works for the 48+ me.

My favorite part is looking back at who I was a year ago and realizing how much I've changed.


As you begin 2017, take a moment to remember the good and bad memories from 2016 and then start focusing on the new year ahead! It's going to be a spectacular year! #Iheart2017

MW
Copyright 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful