Skip to main content

Make it a priority to get a good night's sleep!

When there are days/weeks/months/years that you have all of these plans and things you want/need to get done, sleep is usually one of the first things to go.


We stay up late trying to get things done, we wake up early to get things done or simply because we have kids to take care of or a job to go to. And before we know it, our bodies have gotten used to 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night.


Try to get 7-8 hours of sleep and you'll find that you are more focused and productive during the day. You're mind is sharper, it's easier to stay on task and you'll get more accomplished.


If you have trouble falling asleep, there are many things you can do to help you with that.
  • Yoga or just stretching all over before bed.
  • White noise machines
  • Meditation
  • Take a shower right before bed using lavender scented body wash
  • There are many online resources to help you find many more ways to fall asleep faster.
My husband will tell you that I fall asleep faster than anyone he has ever met. My secret. I blank out my mind. Sometimes I picture that I'm in a beige tent with beige sheets, and a beige blanket, all around me is beige blankness. That's all it takes. My mind shuts down and I'm asleep. Just typing that made me want to sleep. hahaha.


Find a bedtime routine that works for you and get your zzzzzzz's.





MW
Copyright 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

2016 Goals. Figuring out what's important to you will help you reach your goals.

Monday, December 28th 2015 I've been thinking a lot about goals and a business plan for 2016. I almost posted a blog early this morning about just that. I decided to wait and went to my only Networking group that is active this week. And guess what our topic was? You guessed it, 2016 Goals! I've found it  a little difficult for me to set up goals, as I don't have anything to measure against at this point, being that I'm at a new job. While, I still sell insurance and network, I have new responsibilities that I didn't have at my last job. Here's what I learned this morning. We need think about setting goals in a completely different way. Instead of just focusing on monetary goals, you need to think about what you want your life to look like in the new year. Picture it. Make a vision board if you're a visual person. If we set our goals by starting with what we want in our life, it makes it easier to work our way backwards to what we need to do to get the