Skip to main content

As summer is finally winding down

Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016

I blew it. I went almost a full month without posting in my blog. I did jump on here and jot down some ideas, however I didn't have the time to write a full post. I've decided to combine some of those posts into one blog called, "As summer is finally winding down."

We had a fabulous family vacation at the lake. Family, friends, good times, and great memories. The countdown for next year has already begun.

With all of my big vacationing behind me for the year, I'm re-energized and on the road to re-focusing on work.

I've had to speak at a couple different groups while home, in between all of my traveling and I managed to do them well. Sometimes I think it's easier to focus on getting something done when your time is limited. Now I have a speech coming up at the end of this month with endless time to prepare.... All I need is an idea of what to speak about. (Your ideas are welcome!!)

While I had several months of travel and juggling work, I found that the techniques I created at the beginning of the year to stay organized paid off. I didn't have a choice but to stay on top of everything and I was able to do that without much extra effort. I even received a huge compliment from a mortgage lender that refers me business. She stood up at a meeting and told everyone that I give better service when I'm on vacation than other agents who are down the street in their office.

My number one way to stay organized is folders. Folders, folders, and more folders. I keep folders with every clients information in them, their quotes, my notes, etc. Because I work from several different locations using different computers, I can take my folders with me everywhere I go. I also have folders with other labels, policy changes, billing work, carrier updates. It makes my life so much easier to take my work with me from place to place. I just throw my folders into my bag and go.

And finally, networking. I stayed on top of all of my networking groups, even with my absences. I gave up being the president at one of my groups, because I will be president of a different one come November and need to put my energy into that group. I'm excited for a change, but it's strange to let go of the other. I just have to trust that the new president can keep it running smoothly. I'm still a member, just no longer running the show. Running a networking group is a lot of responsibility, even with the help you get from others leaders and members of the group. I'm also still an Ambassador of the Chamber and that keeps me busy as well. As I redefine my networking goals, I'm going to write a couple of blogs based solely on networking. I hope everyone will benefit and give feedback. I love hearing other people's thoughts and ideas.

For now, I leave you with a picture of our lake....



MW
Copyright 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful