Skip to main content

The definition of slander

I was recently informed by a colleague that people from my previous employer are giving out false information about me. I figured it's time to set the record straight.


  • Lie #1. I wasn't selling new business. Before you spout such lies, you should probably remember that I was in the top 10 personal lines producers in the country and in fact won a trip to Miami with the other 9. This is a national company with many locations. Pretty sure no one else in my former office was in the top 10 of anything.


  • Lie #2. I wasn't a team player. If by team player you mean willing to screw over my customers by giving them low coverage and high deductibles just to give them a lower price and therefore write their business OR if you mean by pointing out that new members of our team were not being trained OR if you mean by giving specific & detailed examples to management and HR of how our company was at risk for law suits due to errs and omissions being done by someone they hired who doesn't know the first thing about insurance, then yes, possibly. Although I offered to train and correct all of the above situations, but was advised that it wasn't my job.
I believe my customers are first, their welfare and well being are my number one priority and I will not write someone's insurance and then ignore them when they call in needing help, have questions, or problems. And since I was told that I couldn't help customers in any way, shape, or form, I was obviously working at the wrong place. In fact, I was getting physically ill working in that environment.







The company I worked for was a good company. In fact, they trained me to be the producer I am today with the values I have. Unfortunately they hired people to manage who don't have those same values and shame on them, they stopped paying attention. They should heed their own words "No big mistakes." They're making them and the repercussions are coming.




Note: The definition of Slander is defined as "Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation. A false and malicious statement or report about someone." Keep that in mind since it's unethical, unprofessional, oh and illegal.




As for me, I found a place that has the same values that I do. Our customers are our number 1 priority and because of my integrity, my referrals from customers, as well as my networking partners continue to grow at such a fast pace, I was able to hire and train an assistant to make sure our customers continue to receive the excellent service they deserve.




So the next time you want to make up lies about me, get your facts straight or at least come up with something plausible.









For all of your personal insurance needs, you can find me here: http://www.brocknorton.com/Site/1841652095/default.asp








MW
Copyright 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful