Skip to main content

Vision Board

This past week was super busy, as I posted on Wednesday. I'm still working on narrowing down my charities. In the meantime, as I've reviewed my notes from the Women's Conference, I have decided to focus this week on my vision board. I have the one from the workshop I took with Joan Jackson. I'm going to revisit what I put on it and add to it. I am going to focus specifically on my goals for this year, for the most part. And then, I'll have a section that is more focused towards long term goals that I can build on in the future.

Do you have a vision board? Do you keep it up on the wall where you see it everyday or is it in the closet? Do you change it annually? I met a lady recently who told me that in the past, she made her vision boards based on what her friends were doing. For example, last year they were all putting up pictures of trips to Mexico, new cars, organized closets - so she did as well. She finally realized this year that just because her friends want those things doesn't mean she wants those things. That's why her boards weren't working for her. They have to be her goals, dreams, desires. This year, she made the board about herself and she put a lot of words on it to remind her of how she wanted to "feel" this year, what mindset she wants to be in. If you want to give more to charity, you might put up the word charitable as a feeling you want to feel. In order to feel charitable, you need to give more to charity.

Vision boards work, you just need to make it about the things you really want to bring into your life. You need to have it somewhere you see everyday. You need to focus on how you're going to bring these things to your life and work towards making those things happen. It's easy to say "I want a new car." But if you couldn't afford a new car last year, what's going to change if you don't focus on how to make it happen this year? If you don't take action, it's just a wish.  See it, believe it, make it happen.

Just thinking about what changes I want to make to my vision board has already motivated me to start making changes in my life to make the things happen that I want to happen this year. I've already set several things in motion that will get me there. I'm very excited and that is what a vision board can do for you!

I'd love to hear about your vision boards. Have they worked for you? What inspires you? Do you do anything different that would be helpful for others? (Like the lady above who put words of how she wants to feel)

#Visionboard #Goals #Dreams #Hopes #Life #Livethelifeyouwant

MW
Copyright 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful