Skip to main content

When life finally works.

Sunday, February 7th, 2016

Where I'm at this week...

Writing this blog has kept me conscious of what I'm doing, of where I'm at with my goals, and even keeps me focused on what I need to do each week. That's a big plus for me. So, with that being said, here's where things stand.

I started reading one of the books I bought last week. "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. I'm taking my time reading it, as the book advises.

My spiral notebook is keeping me on track with all of the tasks I need to do at home or at the office. I bought a new purse this weekend that will allow me to carry the spiral in my purse for meetings I attend. It's usually left in the car, which is why I have random notes to sort through.

Overall, I'm doing well on most of my original goals. I need to still find blocks of time for my networking responsibilities and for my online presence. Maybe specific days that I work on those things, without setting specific times. I'm starting to wonder if I could organize my days better with a paper calendar vs. trying to keep with two online calendars (on my cell phone and on outlook.) Something to give some thought to this month. I'm very paper oriented which is good in my line of business since there is a lot of paperwork.

This past week some personal goals have come front and center. This is probably due to reading my new book. I'm coming up with some visualizations and I'm going to work on many different personal projects. Here are a few.

  • Add things to my vision board that I made last year at a workshop with Joan Jackson. https://www.facebook.com/groups/799849546727606/  - in case you're interested in checking out a workshop yourself. 
  • I'm learning to become a minimalist and in order to do that I need to start getting rid of things in our house. I want to go room by room and get things done. I need to make a list of each area and get started tackling these areas one at a time. I've read a lot of blogs and articles on this. 
  • Painting. I have plans to paint my son and daughter's rooms, as well as our master bathroom, and our home office. I'd also like to paint all of the doors in our house. I'm considering painting the doors different colors.
  • Another painting goal. I bought chalk paint for our dining room table, but haven't done it yet due to weather and space restrictions. I'm working on possible plans to make this work. It will be done by the end of the year and hopefully sooner than that. 
  • Save money! I'm trying not to spend extra money unnecessarily for two main reasons. One to keep things minimal as stated above. And two, to have extra money for the trips we have planned for this year. It's going to be an exciting year of traveling. 
I'm so happy and content this year. Life has never been better. It's amazing how everything can fall into place and life finally just works. I love my husband, my kids, my family, my friends, my job, my existence, my life! That doesn't mean that life is perfect, it just means that it's happy, I love it, and I wouldn't change a thing. I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. Count your blessings. It really works!!!!

MW
Copyright 2016


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Self-Discipline; Step 1

So how do we build self-discipline? First we figure out where we need self-discipline in our life. What are the areas in your life that you are struggling with? These are usually things you want to do, but for some reason you don't do them. Here are some ideas. Exercising, cooking meals, laundry, networking, de-cluttering, organizing your desk at work, yoga, meditation... the list could go on and on. Think about your list for a minute. Now, write down 2 or 3 things that you know you want to do, but keep putting off. These are things that you know would make an impact in your life. Now, next to each item, write down why you're not doing them AND why you want to do them. # selfdiscipline # lifehack # gettingstuffdone # liveyourbestlife  #jimrohnquote MW Copyright 2017

The Ins and Outs of Networking

I thought I'd talk about networking for those who are just starting out in their networking journey. And maybe, just maybe, someone who's a pro, will learn something or get a new idea. When you start out on your journey of networking, you're not sure what you're going to find. If you're like me, you're a little intimidated by everyone. They all seem so put together, so confident. It feels like everyone knows everyone else and you don't know anyone! You might sit there thinking "What the heck am I doing here?" But guess what? What you're feeling is 100% normal. And guess what else? We all felt the same way when we started networking. Because I'm one of those people who remembers feeling that way, I make it a point to go out of my way to talk to newbies, show them around, introduce them to others, give them networking advice. It's funny because the very first networking group I ever attended is the one that I'm currently the

How would self discipline benefit you?

Picture your life a year from now if you actually accomplished the things on your list. How would this benefit your life? Seriously, just stop, close your eyes and imagine a year from now. For the past year you have ______. (Fill in the blank with something from your list.) # selfdiscipline # livingyourbestlife # lovingyourlife # happiness # workhard # besuccessful